Thursday, August 28, 2008

A Day in the Life of the West Triplets

I was unable to post anything at the beginning of the week because I was extremely busy.

Matthew's Update: He's doing much better. Had an extreme case of gas that OTC pedi-meds could not help. With the new script he's a much more pleasant baby.



On Friday they were all weighed and measured and the results were

Madeline
19 in 6lbs. 12oz

Matthew
18 in. 5lbs. 11oz

Jackson
18.5in. 5lbs. 15oz

















Many wonder what it's like to have multiples. I can tell you from my limited weeks of experience it requires organization and extreme time managment. Many things are trial and error. When I find something that works, I run with it! Marcus and I decided that I would not return to work after the birth of the triplets until both the triplets and me are ready. So our days usually something like this:
Feeding Schedule (Dad handles any feedings between 8pm-12:30am and Mom does the remaining feedings)

Madeline-12:15a, 3:50a, 6:30a, 10a, 1p, 3:30p, 8:55p, 12:15a, 2:10a, 6:30a, 9:30a
Jackson-1:20a, 4:30a, 8:30a, 11:30a, 1:40p, 4:00p, 8:30p, 10:50p, 1:50a, 4::30a, 7:40a
Matthew-1:50a, 5:00a, 8:00a, 11:00, 2:30p, 5p, 8p, 11:55p, 2:40a, 6:30a, 10a

Dad leaves for work at 5:30am and arrives from his commute at 7:30pm.

In between 1am-4am I do the following:
  • Eat breakfast
  • Wash & Dry clothing
  • Take a shower
  • Clean an area of the house
  • Make a batch of formula (12 4oz bottles for half a day)
I nap with babies between 5am-8am after feedings.

We change approximately 40-45 diapers and 70 wipes per 24 hours. We go through 1 12.9 oz can of powder formula per day.

Well that's all for now babies are crying!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh E you know I came to the site as soon as you told me about it! I think I am totally absolutely in love with them! I cannot wait until they get bigger so Toya, Terra, and myself can babysit!

Anonymous said...

I am so proud of the way that you and Marcus have devised such a great schedule to take care of those blessings

JMcCoy said...

Hey Evonne,
Glad to know that you and the babies are doing well. They are adorable blessings. This was a very good idea, b/c i know you were getting lots of emails. I know you will keep us posted. Take care.

Anonymous said...

Hi Evonne,

It is such a pleasure to know that whenever I am wondering how you and the babies are doing, I can check on here. I am so happy for you and your family to receive such a blessing! My prayers are always with all 6 of you!